We’re constantly winning campaigns! Some high-profile wins include:
- Amplifying the voices of youth to get American Girl to create a new set of dolls reflecting different AAPI experiences.
- Working with a coalition of organizations to win strong net neutrality rules to protect our freedom to communicate.
- Settling a lawsuit against the State of Georgia for voter suppression in a 2014 case where 40,000 voter registration cards, predominantly for voters of color, disappeared.
We also create long-term and short-term projects that build community and culture around civic engagement.
- In 2016, we built & launched VoterVOX, a community-designed solution to ballot translation bottlenecks. VoterVOX matches limited English proficient voters with volunteer translators in their community, helping eligible voters who need help access their right to vote. We designed and launched it with the participation of dozens of community groups, volunteers, and voters in the target demographics.
- In 2016, we assembled and released a compilation album called Voices of Our Vote, featuring 32 tracks from a wide variety of AAPI musicians focusing on themes of community power and resistance.