ATTENTION: artists, organizers, technologists, researchers, designers, filmmakers, community builders, policy-shapers, healers, journalists - YOU! The 16th annual Allied Media Conference needs your brilliant content.
Propose a session through our AMPtalk website (you must be logged in to submit a proposal). The deadline to submit your proposal for AMC2014 is March 1, 2014.
At the AMC we exchange knowledge and skills for building a more just, creative, and collaborative world. AMC2014 will take place June 19-22, 2014 in Detroit. We are especially looking for proposals that:
- Make complex ideas accessible and exciting
- Share hands-on, creative skills
- Value the expertise of people most impacted by a problem to solve that problem
- Use clear language that welcomes people from any background or experience level
- Result in tangible resources, and strategic next steps
- Explore solutions that span the internal, interpersonal, and systemic dimensions of the problems we face
- Exercise imagination
Proposals may fall under one of the 14 incredible Tracks and Practice Spaces of AMC2014 or float freely in the "General Track." If you have questions about which Track or Practice Space to submit your proposal under, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Never presented at a conference before? Don't let that stop you. We encourage proposals from groups who don't often attend conferences and are prepared to support you to lead an awesome session.
Read the Proposing AMC Content FAQs for more info on types of sessions and what makes a good AMC session proposal.
We will be hosting two information session on Proposing AMC Sessions on January 27, 7:00 p.m. EST; and February 27 @ 12:00 noon EST. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, or sign-up for our newsletter to get updates!
Please share this call far and wide.
P.S. You can also register for the conference RIGHT NOW!
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Keep us going and growing: Sign-up to be an AMP sustainer!