Founded and directed by adrienne maree brown, the Emergent Strategy Ideation Institute (ESII) is a hub to experiment, think, facilitate, learn, and share emergent strategy. The principles of emergent strategy include adaptation, interdependence, creating more possibilities, collaborative ideation, fractal thinking, transformative justice, and resilience through decentralization. ESII exists to help groups, organizations, and movements bring these principles into their work through facilitation and training.
As interest in ESII programming increases, we are seeking an Administrative Manager who will help ensure the smooth functioning of the Institute, freeing up the Director to focus more on programmatic work.
This position is full-time, housed at ESII’s fiscal sponsor, Allied Media Projects. The salary range is $40,000 - $55,000 commensurate with experience. AMP employees enjoy a generous benefits package that includes full medical benefits with dental and vision, an employer-matching retirement plan, and technology stipend.
The ideal start date is February 16, 2018.
The Administrative Manager must be exceptionally well-organized, attentive, and responsive. They must have a passion for administrative details and processes. They must have strong interpersonal skills to support work with diverse Institute participants. And they must have a love for emergent strategy!
If you think this position is for you, please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday January 14th, 2019.
About the Administrative Manager Role
Scope of Responsibilities
- Serve as primary point of contact between ESII and AMP, its fiscal sponsor.
- Coordinate the development of an annual ESII budget in partnership with the ESII director and AMP staff.
- Review monthly financial reports for accuracy and provide ongoing oversight of budget matters.
- Lead the development of contracts for temporary staff and vendors.
- Manage and submit financial documentation as needed (payment requests, credit card reports, reimbursement requests).
- Manage purchasing on behalf of the project.
- Field requests for training, speaking, and facilitation, etc. while coordinating with the booking services department of AMP for contracted engagements.
- Manage an ESII events calendar in coordination with the director’s personal calendar.
- Manage email correspondence and inbox maintenance on behalf of the Director.
- Manage the development and submission of grant proposals and reports and assist with other fund development efforts as needed.
- Oversee ESII social media, documentation, and communications, hiring additional support staff as needed.
- Coordinate quarterly board meetings and production of board reports
- Assist the ESII Director and Training Coordinator on the production of trainings as needed.
- Develop and maintain systems for the organization of ESII data, including program documentation, participant information, etc.
- Three years minimum experience working in an administrative support role for a non-profit or business.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Clear, concise, direct communication skills.
- In-depth familiarity with Google applications (forms, drive, docs, sheets) and Microsoft Office.
- Experience developing and managing organizational budgets.
- Experience writing and administering grants.
- Highly flexible and adaptive
- Joyful energy
- A gentle and loving taskmaster and boundary-keeper
Allied Media Projects is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, ethnicity, national origin, immigration status, sexual orientation, religion, HIV serostatus, disability, height, weight, veteran status or marital status.