Amp is hiring an Accounting Assistant!
AMP is excited to be growing our accounting team! Allied Media Projects’ Sponsored Projects Program has grown to more than 100 projects. As we manage more and more funds for our fiscally sponsored projects, we need to grow our accounting capacity to meet this growing need.
Our accounting team works with an emphasis on collaboration, creative problem solving, and excellent service to our fiscally sponsored projects. Because of their fierce and fiery passion for controlled and accurate accounting, the AMP accounting team is known around our office as the “Cash Money Dragons.”
Did you know that a group of wild dragons is called a thunder? Are you ready to thunder with us? Read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity at Allied Media Projects! Please help us spread the word to well qualified people!
We are seeking an Accounting Assistant who will assist the Accounting Manager in the performance of daily bookkeeping tasks. A formal education in accounting or business is not required for this entry-level role. This position is based out of the offices of Allied Media Projects in Detroit, MI.
Details about the specific responsibilities and qualifications of the job are listed below.
The salary will be commensurate with experience. AMP employees enjoy a generous benefits package that includes full medical benefits with dental and vision insurance, an employer-matching retirement plan, and technology stipend. The ideal start date is September 1, 2019.
How to apply
If you believe this opportunity is for you, then we encourage you to apply!
In lieu of a cover letter, please respond to these short-answer questions:
- Why are you excited about working at Allied Media Projects?
- What experience do you have working in a business, nonprofit organization, or an office environment?
- Is there anything else you’d like to share with us?
Please send your responses and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your last name followed by “Accounting Assistant Application” in the subject line (example: “Andrews Accounting Assistant”). Priority will be given to applications received by August 4, 2019.
Please note: Submissions received without the required submission format will not be reviewed.
The AMP accounting team helps ensure that program staff and leaders of our fiscally sponsored projects have timely and accurate reports on the financial position of their programs and projects, as well as managing day-to-day transactions.
The Accounting Assistant will assist with:
- Daily correspondence with clients and vendors
- Collection of documents for preparation for payables
- Recording of receivables
- Preparation of checks and e-payments
- Preparation of mailings, including checks and donor letters
- Production of monthly financial reports for programs and projects
- Data entry and document filing
- Fulfill other responsibilities as assigned
- A focused and detail oriented approach to work
- Some experience in a supporting role in a business, organization, or office
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets, and capacity to learn to use our accounting software (currently Quickbooks, and changing to a new system in the near future)
- Strong interpersonal skills for managing work and interactions with colleagues, vendors and clients.
A formal education in accounting or business is not required for this entry-level role.
We are open to hiring candidates with any combination of education and experience that allows for the successful performance of job responsibilities. Candidates should have:
About Allied Media Projects
What’s it like to work at Allied Media Projects?
[Working at] Allied Media Projects is an adventure that is equal parts hard work, big ideas, and loving execution
– Mo Willis, Associate Director
I’ve worked here for more than 10 years and have never been bored for a single day.
– Jenny Lee, Executive Director
AMP is a place where you can bring your whole self. Everyone has a lot of things that they’re passionate about and you don’t have to leave them behind to work here.
– Muna Danish, former Communications Manager
What does Allied Media Projects do?
We produce the annual Allied Media Conference, and through our Sponsored Projects Program we provide fiscal sponsorship and other support services to more than 100 media, art, and technology-based social justice projects in Detroit and nationally.
Allied Media Projects is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, ethnicity, national origin, immigration status, sexual orientation, religion, HIV serostatus, disability, height, weight, veteran status or marital status.