Allied Media Projects is seeking a Finance Administrator!
Allied Media Projects (AMP), created approximately 20 years ago, cultivates media for liberation. Rooted in Detroit and connected globally, AMP is a network of media makers, artists, educators, and technologists working for social justice. Through its programs, AMP envisions and attempts to model a world in which we cultivate care and joy, dismantle harmful systems, and assume responsibility for creating new and liberatory ways of being.
AMP’s current programs include:
- The Sponsored Projects Program which provides fiscal sponsorship, training and capacity building to people and projects aligned with AMP’s mission;
- The Allied Media Conference, a convening of AMP’s vast network where participants celebrate, strategize and skillshare;
- AMP Seeds which disseminates the skills, ideas and media of the AMP network to the wider world.
To learn about AMP, check out the following links:
Accounting @ AMP
Allied Media Projects is committed to fostering a healthy, exciting workplace environment in which talented humans combine forces to accomplish incredible things. As we manage more and more funds for our fiscally sponsored projects, we need to grow our accounting capacity to meet this growing need. Our accounting team works with an emphasis on collaboration, creative problem solving, and excellent service to our fiscally sponsored projects.
The Finance Administrator is responsible for overseeing treasury activities at Allied Media Projects, coordinating communications, and fielding immediate requests for support. They provide crucial daily management of the department duties.
- Coordinate general accounting email inbox, including converting correspondence into assigned support tasks in the ticketing system
- Review daily accounting support requests in the ticketing system and coordinate tasks to appropriate team members
- On Tuesdays and Thursdays, complete bank deposits to ensure all cash transactions are completed within the relevant week.
- The weekly download of all banking transactions, documenting cash received and automated payments into accounting software.
- Lead wire transfer and manual check issuance processes. Securely file all materials and records related to physical check stock
- Correspondence with bank and payment processing services for daily needs and payment process resolution, including completing different applications for payments
- Coordinate stock transfer contributions, including assessment of the value of contribution based upon average value on the day received
- Reconcile bank statements and payment processor statements, including comparing the general ledger for number, date, payee, and amount.
- Complete documentation and reconciliations of merchant and banking activity about donor contributions and related disbursement transactions
- Manage and oversee the use of debit cards, including disabling debit cards for those who have not submitted required reports
- Assist Accountant Manager as needed with other requests.
Need to have…
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and generally accepted auditing standards (GAAS) is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced user experience with Microsoft Excel and an ability to easily learn new databases and systems.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must maintain a high degree of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality at all times.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least two years of experience in a similar role in a mid-size nonprofit is required.
Nice to have…
- Knowledge of AMP’s Network
- An understanding of fiscal sponsorship
- Associate or Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting preferred.
Job Details and How to Apply
This role’s salary range is $50,000K-$60,000K and includes a competitive benefits package including: employer sponsored Medical, Vision, Dental, FSA, and retirement matching. It is a full-time position, based in Detroit. During the COVID-19 pandemic, this job will operate in a remote capacity.
The ideal start date for this role is October 3, 2022 or as soon as possible.
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Last Name, First Initial – AMP Finance Administrator”
- Cover Letter
- Please include an answer to the question: “What unique skill(s) or asset will you be bringing to AMP and our accounting team?”
- A resume/CV
Application will be received on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Allied Media Projects is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, ethnicity, national origin, immigration status, sexual orientation, religion, HIV serostatus, disability, height, weight, veteran status or marital status.