Volunteer at AMC2018!
Words by Allied Media Conference
Calling all volunteers for the 20th Annual Allied Media Conference!
The Allied Media Conference includes four days and five nights of workshops, panels, film screenings, Detroit tours, and art and music events, with over 2,500 people in attendance. From welcoming participants at the registration table to installing signage and assisting with questions at the info desk, volunteers make the AMC run smoothly.
We are excited to open our call for volunteers for AMC2018. We welcome volunteers of all ages, identities and abilities, and especially look forward to applications from returning volunteers. The deadline to apply is May 18, 2018. We will reach out to accepted volunteers by May 30, 2018.
AMC volunteers provide eight (8) hours of work at the conference, which can be split into two shifts. Volunteers are also required to participate in an in-person or virtual orientation on Saturday, June 9th. In exchange for your time, you will receive lunch on the day you volunteer, a volunteer t-shirt, and complimentary AMC registration.
Volunteer roles at AMC2018 this year include:
- Interpretation and Translation
- General Operations
- Nighttime Events
- Medical Team
- Info Desk
- Merch Table
Please read the full descriptions for these roles here.
How to apply to volunteer at AMC2018:
- Apply using this form to detail your interests and experience level with the AMC.
- Confirm your availability: AMC volunteers provide eight hours of work at the conference. All volunteers are also required to participate in an in-person or virtual orientation on Saturday, June 9, 2018.
- Once we confirm your participation as a volunteer on May 30, 2018, we will send you a link to register for your orientation and volunteer assignments.
- Please let us know ASAP if you need to withdraw your volunteer availability.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. See you this summer!